Tuesday, November 20, 2012

gratitude ~


Moments of silence, a fondness found in these rare passages of time. When they happen, I'm aware and cease every thing, soaking up the natural rhythms of life. The rustling of trees, the songs of birds, the crackling of fallen leaves beneath my feet...nature's noise. Perhaps Autumn makes me more aware of the need to peel off the layers of weight that only slows me down. Instead of wishing to turn inward and hibernate, a sense of renewal and openness is blossoming, a yearning for change. 

Yes, change. The very word itself excites me. Small, big, upside down turning change. I never shun away from it, but instead, welcome the ever-changing flow of life with open arms, wide-eyes, and eager will. If I'm scared of anything, it's regrets. I don't want them. Taking a leap of blind faith and not knowing where I shall fall scares me far less than the potential of a regret. Playing it safe, no thank you. Life, as we all know, is entirely too short. 

So perhaps those moments of silence are pure clarity for my soul. Reflections and reveries all combined in glimpses of time, yet an unfolding of desires to be. 

Gratitude for this life. This one chance. The best I can do is give it my all and hope in the end, this is thanksgiving enough. 


[Reverie-Daydream Image]

11 comments:

  1. Mel-
    So perfectly timed are your moments of silence. I think you are an angel with the most beautiful wings ~ and you surround yourself and disperse a magical quality that so many never allow in their lives. To be silent is an art. It is then at those most quiet moments that we feel the beat of our heart and become open to life. Gratitude for all this life is in our reflections and our actions. I wish you and yours a wonderful giving of thanks to one another.
    Our sons will be home from college this evening and we are hosting four families for which I am full of gratitude. My home will be full of love and I want to bottle it up for the silent days. I appreciate so much this life has - full, rich, simple, quick, quiet, loud - it is magical.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can sense the incredible excitement you are feeling with the return of your beloved boys...all your family and friends under one roof to laugh, hug, and share with. this is what it is all about. you understand the importance of being in the moment, allowing the inner creative to come forth and reveal its magic on canvas, with words, in food, or just a visual appreciation for our surroundings. as always, your words are so beautiful as is your way of living.
      bisous,
      mel

      Delete
  2. this is why i am so drawn to you. i will admit (per yesterday's post) that i do have fear- that DOES hold me back. but i feel a push, that is getting bigger and bigger, and it is happening to both ryan and i- that this fear needs to be set aside. change needs to happen. we are open to it, and ready to take steps in a new (scary or otherwise) direction.

    no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. torrie, i am so excited to learn the changes that are ahead for you and your lovely family. you are full of goodness and this will no doubt be a large part of every journey you embark upon. it's okay to be scared, embrace that feeling too and then push forward.
      wishing you and yours a lovely time on catalina island!
      bisous,
      mel

      Delete
  3. ...endlessly inspired by your words & "open arms, wide-eyes, and eager will."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "playing it safe, no thank you...." the most delicious words i've read all month....
    love everything about you...
    yes, everything....

    my sister of soul....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving enough, indeed. You make living an art form, and I can think of no better way to exist. Sending love and much thanks for your friendship. xoxo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me feel at ease and reflections on life is really something to be done once in a while to feed the soul's art. Love it. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Mel,

    I pray that all of the changes that cross your path are changes that help you grow and that when looked back upon they are welcomed blessings.

    Your words are beautiful as is your heart.

    Change always happens when I least expect it. This summer Mr. à la parisienne started a new job and for several months, life was quite different. We've adapted and we have a new "routine" now.

    I'm excited for you and your family...all of the many possibilities!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the most beautiful blog ! Just found it via Pinterest and will definitely check in often. The energy here is pure and calm.

    ReplyDelete

Share your dreamy thoughts with me.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails